Thursday, July 19, 2007

Second Life

"You don't even have to leave your desk.", as they said in the Second Life in the Classroom article. That's the real go getter, huh?

I like the idea of using Second Life as an educator. Me, being a visual learner, would of loved to have this in the classroom. Much more interesting than the, "read this then write about it" method. And just like in the video clip, international students can get a good glimpse at a campus and what not. It's neat!

I'm watching Ken give birth to himself and am not sure if I will tackle it that far. Again, it would take a lot of time and patience. But I enjoy knowing about it since it looks as though it has a HUGE future. I think it could really have a lot of benefits. But I feel like I'll just hear about them and not really experience them myself.

1 comment:

UCSC Learning 2.0 Team said...

Yeah, that was fun watching Ken do his magic.