Monday, August 20, 2007

Library 2.0

Alright...I read through all those perspectives. But I especially enjoyed the last one. The thing is, things will always be changing w/ libraries and everything. And I know it's hard to change what we are used to but if it's going to better things for the patrons we should move on it, right? Being a part of this Lib. 2.0 has made me aware of what could be made easier for patrons and staff. We should embrace these new steps! Look at me being all positive. I've been telling myself for years now that I would enjoy going to library school. But I've always talked myself out of it because I see it going into the direction of a lot of web and computer use. Being a part of this has helped me feel better about that part. Yeah, I get easily frustrated but I keep trying. And I've discovered some really cool things. Plus the more I do this the more I see how this could be helpful in the use of a library. Libraries are a great place that I have always adored. I do hope that we can always keep a very personal touch and comfortable feel to them even as the Web 2.0 comes more and more into play.

No comments: