Sunday, August 19, 2007

Wiki 1

Well, I'll be honest...I've never looked anything up on Wikipedia because I had heard that anybody just puts info on there. So, I figured it was just...what's the word...crap. But I looked up myself and it was actually pretty close to getting me right! Ha ha...sorry. But really, I'm giving it a chance. You've inspired me to look into it more.

So, Wikis are completely new to me. And when I said Wiki out loud, it sounded a lot like Wookie. As in Chewbaca! So, I thought maybe it was his cousin! But then as I read through all the information and found out it actually means fast in Hawaii. Oh well. And then I thought, great, another thing to do quickly because our lives are so jammed packed w/ things to do. But again, I kept reading and looking at the examples and found some pretty cool things!

The first two examples were a little hard for me to get. But I like the idea of a library using it for their book club. But did they still get together for meetings? Because that's always been my favorite part of book clubs. You get together and talk about the book for 10 minutes and then whatever else the rest of the time! I also really LOVED the Library Success wiki. Now that's putting the wiki to good use! I just love hearing other peoples ideas.

But what I'm having the toughest part w/ is how different are Wikis from Blogs? Are they just faster? I see a lot of similarities. But remember, I'm new to all of this, so feel free to update me!

1 comment:

InterlibraryLynn said...

Your book club sounds fun. We should start one.