Sunday, September 9, 2007

Podcast

These are pretty cool. I found that the Yahoo podcast search was my favorite to use. It just got to what I wanted right away. And I love things that are user friendly. As I was going through searches and listening to different podcasts I found myself not being that interested. Only because I think I'm more of a visual person and want to see what they're talking about. I like pictures and video! But then as I was coming across some made up music shows it dawned on me that it could be a lot like the movie 'Pump Up the Volume' except you won't get arrested! You could have your own radio show in a sense and that is pretty cool. But I just love what some public libraries have down w/ podcasts. For instance the Kankakee Public Library had podcasts of interviews w/ authors and had recorded a Teen Poetry Slam. As for us, we could set up podcasts w/ instructions for our patrons. We could add one w/ the new 'My ILL Requests'. OR, professors could add a podcast along w/ their Reserves lists to give extra instruction or discussion ideas. I just might be warming up to this Podcast idea. I just need to mess around w/ it some more.

Oh, and I added the RSS feed of NPR's 'Story of the Day' to my Bloglines. I almost forgot about my Bloglines! I've now put it up on my Delicious page. I'm getting so geeky!

No comments: